The fishing grounds are located exclusively in the public domain :
• Fishing is possible on the river Yèvre in the gardens of Duke Jean de Berry along 3.5 km of its banks. It is classified as public water of the second category.
• This activity is also possible on the Canal de Berry along 8.4 km of its banks. This is also classified as second category .
• The sand quarries -"Sablieres Varennes" cover 2.3 ha and 1.2 ha of enclosed waters of second category.
How to obtain a fishing license
A fishing license can be downloaded from the following site : www.cartedepeche.fr
• Discovery license ( - 12 years) : €4
• License for juniors ( 12 to 18 years ): €15
• Day ticket : € 10
• Weekly license: €30 • Female license : €30 • Adult license : €69 • Inter-departmental license : €89